We would like to invite you to take part in our group menopause consultations led by menopause healthcare professionals.
Before you decide, it is important that you understand what participation means. Please take time to read this information and discuss it with others if you wish. If there is anything that is not clear, or you would like more information, please email us at email@example.com.
Participation in this is entirely voluntary.
What is the purpose of the programme?
The purpose of our programme is to for women experiencing menopausal symptoms to have their menopause questions answered, and encourage a better understanding of treatment options, including development of a personalised menopause treatment plan.
Why have I been invited?
You have been invited because you are experiencing menopause symptoms and could benefit from having your questions answered by a menopause healthcare professional and getting group support and emotional fitness resources.
What topics will be covered?
The main aim is to improve your knowledge of menopause and treatments, giving you confidence to take control of your symptoms. The menopause experts will be covering topics including:
- Hormones, menopause symptoms and treatments, including hormone replacement therapy,
- Diet, nutrition and supplements,
- Pelvic floor health including sexual health and how to manage symptoms such as leaking urine or frequently peeing at night.
Will HRT be prescribed and what should I consider? :
There are over 25 types of different HRT, including tablets, gels, patches, and vaginal creams or pessaries. Most women will have one type of HRT that is suitable for their personal circumstances.
You are eligible for this service whether or not you are on HRT. If you are interested in receiving a prescription, you will be able to discuss it with our GP and receive a private prescription if you are eligible and interested.
Who will be the doctor I see?
Your doctor will be Dr. Susie Rockwell. She is a GP with a special interest in women’s health and menopause.
What will happen to me if I decide to take part?
You will have the opportunity to participate in three 75 minute menopause sessions and receive an additional 5 weeks health coaching and mental health support via the mobile app.
Week 1: Tuesday 4/5 with a menopause GP via Zoom (7 - 8:15pm)
Week 2: Tuesday 11/5 with a dietitian via Zoom (7 - 8:15pm)
Week 3: Tuesday 18/5 with a physiotherapist via Zoom (7pm - 8:15pm)
Weeks 4-8: receive emotional fitness coaching programme via the chat app and ask our clinicians any questions through the app.
- Fill out questionnaires one (if you haven't already) and two asking about your symptoms and experiences.
- You will be asked to download Bia care’s mobile app to chat with your health coach and the other participants in your course. (Info to come via email)
Before your weekly session:
- Send in additional questions for your healthcare professional which will be answered in the session, this can be done via the app.
- Receive exclusive short video or other content to watch before each session.
During the weekly session:
- You will have an opportunity to meet your group peers and your healthcare professional.
- The healthcare professional will give a 10-minute introduction to their topics of expertise.
- The introduction will be followed by answering questions, including those that were pre-submitted.
- Sessions will be recorded for the sole use by the organisers to help us improve our course and resources and for clinical safety checking purposes.
After the session:
- We will send you a short feedback form for each session you attended.
- You will have access to the app chat group to ask additional questions from a menopause professional or questions for the next session.
- After the sessions are completed, Fernanda from Bia will schedule a follow-up call to receive your feedback that is optional.
- For the next 5 weeks you will participate in a mental health and emotional fitness programme with other participants.
What are the possible benefits of taking part?
- Access to multiple expert menopause professionals who understand your situation and can offer advice in a safe group setting.
- Increased confidence to manage your menopause symptoms and what treatment options are available.
- Five weeks of free support from BiaCare during and after your sessions to help you answer any remaining questions.
- Making connections with women who are going through similar experiences.
Are there any possible disadvantages or risks from taking part in this programme?
If you have a complex situation, it is possible our clinicians will not be able to prescribe you medication, and may have to refer you back to your regular GP for further medical advice. All medical advice is at the discretion of the clinicians.
Will my data and taking part in the programme be kept confidential?
Yes, your participation will not be shared with anyone other than Bia Care team and our clinical team.
We will use the minimum personally-identifiable information possible. Data will be kept securely and confidentially in an anonymised format. Any video or audio recordings will be stored securely, and will be for the sole use of the organisers within Bia Health Ltd.
If you would like a copy of your data, we would be happy to arrange this.
Anonymised data may be shared with external partners, such as university researchers, following the programme. We will not access or receive personal information from any other sources (e.g. NHS digital or your GP).
Please see the Privacy Notice at the end of this form for more information
about how your personal data (including your special categories of
personal data) will be processed for the programme.
What if we find something unexpected?
Our assessment or group conversations may produce findings of clinical significance for yourself or relatives. If so, we will highlight the specific findings privately and advise you to speak with your doctor/GP for further verification.
I have another question:
Feel free to email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to your participation and thank you for joining us in creating a new way of delivering healthcare. Please fill in the next session to participate.
If you agree, please fill out your name below:
- I confirm that I have read this page and I have had the opportunity to consider the information, ask questions and have had these answered satisfactorily.
- I understand that my participation is voluntary and that I am free to withdraw at any time without giving any reason, without my medical care or legal rights being affected.
- I agree to have the sessions recorded for the sole use of Bia Health Ltd., and understand this will not be shared with any external partners. All recordings will be confidentially and securely stored.
- I agree to provide data as part of my involvement in this course and I understand I will not gain any direct financial benefit from it.
- I agree to the use of anonymised quotes in research reports and publications.
- I agree to be contacted about ethically approved research studies for which I may be suitable. I understand that agreeing to be contacted does not oblige me to participate in any further studies.
- I agree for my anonymised data to be used by Bia Health Ltd., for further research and development.